Can’t sleep because of stress at work? Do not ignore any sign of fatigue because it could lead into a more serious problem. If you feel that you are overly worn-out, take a rest. If you are feeling depressed, anxious and irritable, go ahead and rest. If you can’t concentrate on what you are doing and you are losing interest on it, rest. If you are using alcohol and drugs to cope up with stress, stop and reflect. You have already reached the limit. Do not allow yourself to reach this far.
Strive to reduce your work stress by taking good care of yourself. You may start in restoring your physical and your emotional health. Once these two are addressed properly, it will be easier for you to take care of your other needs as you are more optimistic and stronger when you are feeling better inside and out.
Take a break.
In usual scenarios, employees would rather go on straight work rather than taking their break time to be able to meet deadlines and avoid work overloads. Most employees nowadays can multitask, not because they want to but because they are forced to do so. In some companies, employees are forced to work during break time to cover all the work that needs done because the company is under staffed.
What the heads of the company do not realize is that by doing that to their employees they are pushing them to overwork which will eventually result in unproductiveness caused by stress and illnesses. In this condition, it is apparent that the company is not gaining out of this situation. Instead they are losing because the productivity of employees is less compared to the expenses incurred for the medical bills on top of the paid sick leaves.
As an employee, it is your responsibility to take care of your health. No matter how hectic your schedule is, take your breaks and rest. It is best to schedule a bio break per hour in order to breathe fresh air and walk around in the office shortly before you start working again.
You may also do some stretches to eliminate back pain and cramps. Here are 5 different stretches that you can apply during your break time.
- Slowly incline your head from one side to the other.
- Move your hips in a circular motion. Do the same with your shoulders.
- Lift one leg for about 10 seconds while your other leg is standing straight. Do the same thing with your other leg.
- Stretch your arms for few seconds and rotate your palms.
- Make any movements that can release your tension in few seconds and let your body feel the pleasure.
6 Ways To Deal with Stress at Work
If this is happening to you right now, be sure to deal with it accordingly to save yourself from too much stress and a breakdown. There are so many ways to alleviate stress at work and one of which can be performed right away during office hours. I am talking about desk exercises that can help you ease stress in a daily basis. Here is the list.
- Get a good back stretch. If you are sitting in the office for several hours already, take time to side bend your back as it is a good mid-day stretch. To do this, position yourself at the brink of your office chair and stretch your arms right above your head then interlock your fingers. Lean your body to one side then hold before you do the same on the other side.
- Stretch your neck by tilting your head frontward and feel the neck stretched by holding the position for a time until you feel relieved. Do this in different direction as you desire.
- Do an upper back stretch. Do this by sitting straight with one arm placed through your body and your other hand holding your arm right between your elbow and shoulder. Pull your arms across and maintain this position for few minutes. Repeat as desired.
- Stretch your leg. Do this using a desk to get a good balance.
- Stand in front of your desk and bend one leg before you pull the other leg towards the buttocks and feel your leg stretched. Hold the position for a few moment and repeat as desired.
- Do hips and thigh stretching. Use your desk to keep a good balance as you need to pull your leg upward and downward. Stand in front of the desk and stretch your leg backward before you gradually raise your leg higher and hold then lower. Do this on both legs for few more times.